Beacon Health Options
Job Category: IT: Web Develop/Design
Req #: WEBDE02177
Schedule: Full Time
Location: VA - Ashburn
About the Position:
Beacon Health Options is seeking aWeb Developer IV to join our team at ourAshburn, VA, Atlanta, GA or Boston, MAoffice! This Web Developer IV will review, analyze and modify n-tier applications including encoding, testing, debugging and documenting programs by participating actively in all phases of the software development lifecycle. The incumbent will work with different stakeholders across application domains and contribute toward streamlining existing procedures and suggesting new ones.
- Actively participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle including helping finalize functional specification(s), articulating and implementing scalable designs and providing deployment support.
- Design, develop/debug and unit/integration test programs in Java 6 SE/EE and ensure all code written is cross browser compliant.
- Mentor junior developers in getting up to speed with the applications and perform code review as needed.
- Expected to remain conversant with newer development technologies and be prepared to undergo training in said technologies as circumstances dictate.
- Measure, review and forecast project status and remediate project risks by actively working with the project team. Expected to take a lead role in addressing project challenges that affect software development by working with the project team and escalating appropriately.
- Participate in resolution calls and work with project stakeholders to support issues with API availability by identifying global vs custom components as part of troubleshooting.
- Education: Bachelors Degree in a technical field required or equivalent years related work experience
- Relevant Work Experience:
- 7+ years of demonstrated Programming experience
- 5 years experience withJava and Web related technologies
- 5+ years experience in working with DB2 UDB or other relational or hierarchical databases
- Certification:Java certification preferred
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Expertise in Java 5/6 or higher versions of SE/EE, EJB3.x, JDBC, JSP/Servlets, Web Services, WebSphere or any other Java EE server
- Experience withSQL
- Experience with JQuery, Ajax, CSS, Angular Frameworks
- Working knowledge of Spring Data, Spring Boot or Bootstrap a plus
- Working knowledge of an ESB tool such as WSO2 or MuleSoft ESB
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to guide junior resources with advancing projects of varying complexity
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate's data privacy is a top priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using official company email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]). Only candidates who have applied for an open position through our Careers page (careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable information from you.