Beacon Health Options
Job Category: IT: Web Develop/Design
Req #: WEBDE02493
Schedule: Full Time
Location: VA - Ashburn
About the Position:
Beacon Health Options is seeking a dynamic Web Developer II to join our team in Ashburn, VA! The Web Developer II will review, analyze and modify n-tier applications including encoding, testing, debugging and documenting programs by participating actively in all phases of the software development lifecycle. He/she will be knowledgeable of Web Architectureand Server concepts. The Web Developer IImaylead and direct the work of others and will performa variety of complicated tasks.
- Actively participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle including helping finalize functional specification(s), articulating and implementing scalable designs and providing deployment support.
- Design, develop/debug and unit/integration test programs in Java 6 SE/EE and ensure all code written is cross browser compliant.
- Expected to remain conversant with newer web programming technologies and be prepared to undergo training in said technologies as circumstances dictate.
- Help with forecasting project status by providing reliable estimates of their own assigned modules of work.
- Understand current system design and architecture on an on-going basis and contribute to building technical and process literature.
- Education: B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field of study or equivalent work experience required
- Relevant Work Experience:
- 3yearsofdemonstrated programming experience required
- 2 years experiencein Java and Web related technologies
- 2years of experience in working with DB2 UDB or other relational or hierarchical databases
- Certification:Java certification preferred
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Software development experience working with business/systems analysts
- Working knowledge in Java 5/6 or higher versions of SE/EE, EJB3.x, JDBC, JSP/Servlets, Web Services, WebSphere or any other Java EE server and SQL
- Experience with JQuery, Ajax, CSS, Angular, Struts or Spring Frameworks, highly desirable
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate's data privacy is a top priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using official company email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]). Only candidates who have applied for an open position through our Careers page (careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable information from you.