The incumbent will develop and support web applications on various platforms including J2EE stacks and the Microsoft .NET stack. This IT professional will specify and develop solutions identified by IT management or a project’s Project Leader or Project Manager. This individual will also be responsible for the ongoing coordination, support, and maintenance of InsideModine and the public website content management system (CMS).
Primary responsibilities include the development, testing, and deployment of business functionality made available through a web browser. Implementation of document management and workflow capabilities as well as content administration of any of the corporate Internet websites, corporate intranet, or extranets may also be required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving skills and ability to develop adaptive, creative solutions for difficult problems
- General understanding of database systems, internetworking, and web server administration.
- Understand business requirements and map them to technical solutions.
- Work hand in hand with project leadership in all phases of a project’s life cycle.
- 5+ years of external/customer-facing web development experience is desirable
- Advise leadership of web technology tool strategies and be able to implement those strategies.
- The person in this role should be able to work with all levels of IT and business leadership to develop roadmaps, execute projects, and be proactive ensuring the company’s portfolio of web technologies are current and meeting business requirements
- The incumbent should have experience directing with 3rd party vendors in development activities, ensuring SLA adherence
- The incumbent should be able to demonstrate experience deploying best practice web security controls
- Familiarity with Apache, Linux, Tomcat, PHP, and MS SQL is desirable
- Knowledge of marketing, advertising, quote to order management processing using web capabilities
Bachelor’s (BS/BA) Degree with an emphasis in Computer Science/Management Information Systems is preferred, although comparable experience in CS/MIS coupled with BS/BA in other disciplines is acceptable.
Minimal, not to exceed 20%