I am a Technical Recruiter with Apex Systems. I was reaching out to see if you are currently in the job market. I am working on VTC Operator position located in Norfolk, VA for one of the main clients we staff for and I think you would be a great fit! If you are interested in this position, please email your resume and a time to connect to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Jenna Smith | Recruiter | Apex Systems
222 Central Park Ave, Suite 1620
Virginia Beach, Virginia 23462
Office: 757-217-1774 | Fax: 757-217-1775
Roles & Responsibilities
The Video Teleconference Technician operates video teleconferencing equipment including powering The up teleconferencing equipment, checking equipment for proper operation, setting audio levels, positioning camera functions, performing secure or non-secure setup; operate or assist in operating session control panel, studio control unit, and high-resolution graphics.
Job tasks require this technician to provide assistance to users in conducting video teleconference sessions, which may include conference preparation, and monitor VTC equipment and system performance, reporting equipment and network problems to appropriate parties for maintenance or repair.
The Video Teleconference Technician's responsibilities may include operation of briefing computers, projectors or other audiovisual equipment in conjunction with video teleconferencing services; may include scheduling video teleconferencing sessions, training personnel in operation of video teleconferencing equipment, and other audiovisual equipment associated with video teleconferencing services.
Video Teleconferencing (VTC) Services comprise the hardware, software, network, and scheduling services necessary to deliver real time video and audio communications between end users at two or more locations.
VTC Services include:
Cameras, Coder-decoder (CODECs), Monitors, Onscreen menus, Dynamic speaker technology, Far-end camera control, Collaborative tools
VTC scheduling setup and operations, internet Protocol (IP) infrastructure, Multi-session, Multipoint control unit(MCU), Bridging service, Remote diagnostics, Neighboring agreements with non-NMCI organizations, Configuration of new end points, including custom VTC installs, Installation and implementation of new VTC solutions, Troubleshooting and repair of existing VTC solutions.
The VTC Services provide VTC connectivity throughout NGEN and with external participants via high bandwidth communications, point-to-point, and point-to-multipoint switching. VTC Services deliver video service via IP and Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN).
Education & Skills
• 8570 Compliance – Sec+ and ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret clearance
• High School Diploma or equivalent; may hold 2 year post-high school Degree (technical field); may hold Bachelor's degree.
• May hold entry level certification(s) in field of work.
• Typically, 3-5 years of working experience in related fields.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Able to demonstrate broad knowledge of corporate policies, products/service portfolio, markets and processes.
• In-depth knowledge of administration or technical practices in relevant areas, plus application of basic theory.
• Able to apply advanced knowledge to assist in the operation of one or more aspects of a technology area/customer group.
• Ability to resolve or assist in the resolution of complex Customer problems.
• Able to apply knowledge of high availability system environments, if applicable.
• Able to apply skills in project management, analysis, scheduling and controlling.
• Able to demonstrate good oral, written, and telephone communication skills.
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with customers, peers, and support partners.
• Able to understand Customer system environments with associated business needs.
• Ability to work in a team environment, which may be local, global, virtual, or multifunctional.
• Demonstrate good teamwork with peers.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178