Do you thrive in a dynamic, committed, and professional environment and would you like to be a part of a team that positively effects change Are you up for a challenge of driving technology forward
At Company, you'll find team environment that values partnership and flexibility. Our rare combination of expertise and innovative spirit is how we deliver the most comprehensive financial solutions to banks and businesses worldwide. We're helping more businesses move money faster and more easily than ever before.
What does a great Vice President of Federal Government Relations do
- This individual will improve the Company government relations team by developing strategies and tactics to influence policymakers in support of Company’s position relative to a particular governmental proposal/action.
- As the VP of Federal Government Relations, you will work directly with the SVP to map out appropriate policy positions, messaging and effective advocacy plans consistent with Company’s business interests and values.
- You will be responsible for lobbying various elected officials and, as a result, will be encouraged to effectively communicate our policy positions to them as well as play a pivotal role in driving legislative initiatives to a favorable outcome.
- This position also requires internal dedication and communication, and you will learn the intricacies of our products and services so that you can educate the business, legal, compliance and risk teams on how various legislative and regulatory measures impact these products/services.
- You will represent Company’s interests in trade associations, governmental and non-governmental organizations and assist with building coalitions of allies and/or coordinating action by trade associations to advance or defeat critical issues.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in state or federal government or government relations experience within a company, trade group, or other organization
- Comprehensive network of policy contacts in the Washington, DC metro area
- Strong research skills with experience reading, analyzing and interpreting legislative and regulatory documents
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills – ability to communicate effectively within all levels of the company and with external parties
- Financial services sector experience a plus
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and individually
- Sound fundamental political and government affairs knowledge
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- A highly motivated self-starter with high personal standards of performance
- A professional who is a role model for Company’s values and behavior – within the company and outside the company
- Knows how to get things done
- Strong organizational skills and understanding to separate mission critical projects from non-strategic projects
- Composed under pressure; ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to discuss strategic and sensitive issues and formulate appropriate responses to protect or advance Company’s position in the marketplace
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to support various organizations within a company and connect with individuals at all levels of the organization, including senior leaders
- Able to understand the importance of the position for the success of the business
- Strong team player
Travel required: 20%