The VP, Education will be responsible for leading this department through a period of transformative change that will shape COMPANY programming for years to come for both reach and impact. The VP will be focused on creating, communicating and implementing a strategic vision for COMPANY’s educational programing to ensure content, delivery, measurement, and evaluation are world-class.
The VP, Education will lead a team of 20 and will serve as a key member of the Programs Division leadership team. This person will work closely with COMPANY divisions including Growth (i.e., Regional Operations), Marketing and Development, International Affairs and others to ensure educational programs are designed and implemented for scale, impact, and cost–effectiveness. Ultimately the Education department and its program must advance COMPANY’s mission to combat bigotry and hate in all its forms
- Lead a team of 20 national education staff and work collaboratively with the SVP, Programs and leaders in other departments/divisions to create and implement a strategic vision for COMPANY’s educational programming that supports COMPANY’s overall strategic vision and creates value in an increasingly digital environment
- Establish systems and metrics, maintain frequent and open communications, and build a team culture to ensure the implementation of this strategic vision among the EDU staff of the 25 regional offices.
- Grow the scope and impact of COMPANY’s educational programming and delivery model, fully embracing and leveraging the digital environment.
- Direct Divisional Vice Presidents, Regional Directors and their education staff in the implementation of national education goals and programs.
- Ensure the content, the methods of delivery, and the measurement and evaluation of COMPANY’s training programs are world-class.
- Drawing on expertise from the Brand & Marketing team, develop targeted marketing strategies and plans for COMPANY’s training programs, monetize programs, and develop market-based pricing models for programs.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with strategic partners, key donors, and other critical stakeholders.
- Represent COMPANY Education to education industry peers.
- Promote the work and accomplishments of the Education team and advocate for the needs of regional EDU staff members to carry out COMPANY’s educational programming.
- As the leader of the EDU Division, elevate the collective knowledge of COMPANY’s educational programming and anti-bias learning philosophies across the agency.
- Actively participate in fundraising efforts through cultivation of supporters and assisting Development in creating and maintaining donor relationships.
- Recruit top talent; coach, develop, engage, and lead team members to maximize individual and group effectiveness.
The VP, Education will manage 3-4 direct reports and will have overall responsibility for a team of 20 national education staff and vendors and contractors as required.
- Strong business acumen, including a strategic mindset and a go–to–market orientation.
- An iterative, always–improving approach to client satisfaction.
- Superior interpersonal and influence skills, including a proven capacity for developing and maintaining relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Able to establish, negotiate and manage win-win partnerships.
- Excellent analytic and organizational skills.
- Highly effective communication skills, including public speaking and the ability to adapt to and meet the needs of different audiences.
- Highly effective leadership and management skills, including the ability to create a compelling vision, recruit top talent, coach for high performance, and fully engage team members.
- Ability to prioritize both culture and efficiency across a dynamic, dispersed team.
- Ability to facilitate learning experiences, collaboration, and dialogue.
- Strong alignment with COMPANY mission of fighting anti-Semitism and securing civil rights and fair treatment for all people
- An educational philosophy rooted in anti-bias learning, diversity, equity, inclusion (DEI) and social justice.
- Passionate about education and the role education can play in fulfilling COMPANY’s mission
- Creative problem solver and innovator with entrepreneurial spirit.
- A high level of self-confidence coupled with humility and empathy.
- A growth mindset and commitment to being a lifelong learner
- Team player with willingness to play multiple positions as needed.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in the workplace.
- High tolerance for ambiguity
- Resourceful and patient
- Inclusive and collaborative.
- At least 10 years of production and managerial experience in education products organizations.
- Extensive experience with K12 institutional and consumer markets. Experience with higher ed markets a plus.
- Experience building products for adult and youth learners required.
- Experience managing remote teams required.
- Prior P&L responsibility is highly desirable.
- Prior experience delivering anti-bias, DEI or social justice educational content strongly preferred.
- Prefer previous experience working in a metrics-driven environment.
- Helpful to have experience successfully driving organizational culture change.
- Helpful to have experience with business development or fundraising.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience is required.
- An MA/MS in Education or a related field or an MBA is preferred.