MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Transportation Manager of packaging and plastic company in LaGrange, Georgia.
This client is medium sized and looking to add a Transportation Manager to their team on a temporary basis.
- Negotiate trucking rates
- Deal with contracts with vendors
- Manage importing and exporting goods (mainly importing)
- Performance Standards, Reporting, and Improvement: Leads/supports the development and integration of performance standards (financial, operating, and cold chain). Creates reporting and works internally with the team and with service providers to achieve performance targets.
- Process: Assist in the development and support of internal systems and business processes.
- Financial Acumen: Provides support for the annual budget for Transportation by providing repots and analysis of past and current trends for costs and revenue.
- Communication: Collaborate and communicate with all other departments for greater efficiencies and attainment of Driscoll's strategic plan. Responsible to develop and maintain vendor relationships.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain/ Logistics with 5+years of experience in the transportation industry.
- Proven background with logistics / transportation systems, leading logistics network improvements through strong financial and operating performance metrics.
- Strong understanding of transportation and logistics regulatory compliance required.
- Multi-modal (truck, rail, ocean, air), and import/export knowledge and experience essential.
- Experience in developing, negotiating, and executing service agreements.
- Experience leading cross-functional efforts with Carriers, Network Partners & 3PL's.
- Extremely competitive salary
- Opportunity to work a temporary position