Responsible for the sale, rental or leasing of all new and used Construction equipment and attachments. Responsible to meet customer’s needs and grow market share, while maintaining acceptable levels of gross profit and attaining sales unit targets.
- Plan and organize a sales strategy that includes individual account plans to meet or exceed Company targets for units, dollars and gross profit, and provide status report to sales manager as to achievement of goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate and operate heavy construction equipment to customers.
- Establish relationships with new customers by contacting one new customer for every current customer to enhance the potential to sell, rent, and lease new and used equipment, parts and service to increase loyalty, market awareness, and increase market share.
- Maintain relationships with current customers to enhance the potential to sell, rent, and lease new and used equipment, parts and service to increase loyalty, market awareness, and increase market share.
- Listen to current customer problems and understand all opportunities, unmet needs and reasons for dissatisfaction, document the problem and respond quickly to offer solutions, keep the customer informed and provide feedback on action taken.
- Work with customers and potential customers to fully understand their needs, wants, concerns, satisfactions and expectations by seeking information and opinions.
- Based on customer needs, formulate value-selling based professional proposal. Quote and negotiate prices and credit terms, prepare contracts and record and close orders, provide trade-information as requested, and manage and maximize rental conversions.
- Maintain a contact management type database for designated territory; maintain accurate and up-to-date call logs, prospects lists and mileage information.
- Manage and control sales related expenses to assure proper margins and expense control.
- Submit periodic reports detailing lost sales activities and evaluate the result of such lost sales.
- Make it easier for the customer to do business.