Our client, a leading Biomedical Laboratory Instruments company is looking for a Technical Writer - Senior. This is for an initial duration of 6 months and is located in Miami, FL
- As an Engineering Technical Writer you will support innovative medical devices that include complex robotic automation, acquisition software, and fluidics for use in medical diagnosis.
- You might write as a hobby and have a background as a developer; or you might be an experienced technical writer who loves digging into code.
- One thing is for sure, you are passionate about "Helping Others Realize Life's Potential", and you are excited about working with a broad range of associates to develop new medical devices which help humanity through innovative designs.
- A professional writing sample will be required from each candidate in this application process. Please provide one when submitting a resume.
- This position combines strong communication skills with technical expertise to write required documentation in a highly regulated industry.
- Your role involves tasks such as reading code, writing detailed design documents, other SW related documents, etc.
- You will prepare appropriate documentation as required by internal product development process and regulatory agencies such as FDA and ISO
- You will interpret detailed information and communicate complex information clearly, concisely and accurately, from draft reviews through final edit, approval, and release
The following qualifications are required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, English, Journalism, Life Sciences, or equivalent
- 3+ years of related experience, such as technical writer of software engineering documentation
- Excellent grammar, reviewing/editing, and written/verbal communication skills
- Experience with source code written in C# and/or C++
- Able to work independently with minimal guidance
The following additional qualifications are preferred:
- Advanced degree and relevant certifications
- Additional experience with networked software and database applications
- Experience with requirements management tools such as Cockpit
- Knowledge in Flow Cytometry instruments