PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Technical Editor/Writer, in Grand Prairie, TX.
- Technical Publications Writer Technical Writer that provides a wide array of technical documentation written to Military Specifications.
- Primary responsibilities include developing and validating Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs), Depot Maintenance Work Requirements (DMWRs), Repair Parts and Special Tools Lists (RPSTLs), procedural art and illustrated graphics all developed to applicable Military Specifications.
- Candidate must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to work well in a team environment.
- Must be flexible with outstanding work ethic and possess the ability to respond quickly to company and client needs.
- Must be able to interface with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to verify and understand technical concepts and develop courses of action to ensure project completion is on time and within budget.
- Candidate must be familiar with layout, design and structure of Organizational, Intermediate and Depot level Technical Manuals (TM’s)' including Operation and Maintenance, Theory of Operation, Fault Isolation Procedures, and Illustrated Parts Breakdowns (IPB’s).
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings and software description documents.
- Candidate must be willing to work overtime as required.
- Some travel may be required.
- Candidate must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Abilities to read and interpret
- Engineering drawings, schematics
- Strong teaming skills.
- Be flexible with an outstanding work ethic and possess the ability to respond quickly to internal and external customer requirements.
- Must have 2-3 years of professional experience
Must have experience/working knowledge of the following:
- Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Extensible Style sheet Language Transformation (XSLT)
- MIL-STD-40051-1 and MIL-STD-40051-2 preferably Revision B
- MIL-STD-2361C or later release
- Arbortext Editor including Styler (5.4 or higher)
- Ultra Edit or similar
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Content Management Systems such as Wind Chill Proficient with Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint) Must be familiar with layout, design and structure of Organizational, Intermediate and Depot level Technical Manuals (TM’s)' including Operation and Maintenance, Theory of Operation, Fault Isolation Procedures, and Illustrated Parts Breakdowns (IPB’s).
- Ability to produce illustrations using graphics tools such as ISOdraw, Autrotrol or similar graphics tools
- Ability to acquire and verify content and illustrations by coordinating across Engineering Disciplines, observing production methods, referring to engineering drawings, notes, manuals, and similar publications.
- Ability to write using clear and concise language that adheres to customer-established standards and conventions.
- Ability to write technical content for maintenance technical manuals including installation, test, repair, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Ability to obtain clearance if required.
- Experience with Electronics, Hydraulics and Mechanical Systems
- Experience with Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS)/ High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS)
- Past experience working with US Army or other Military publications Interactive Authoring and Display System (IADS) 4.0 or later Electronic Maintenance System (EMS) Next Generation (NG)Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$