Butler is known for consistently exceeding customer expectations. Our top 20 customers have averaged more than 20 years of service by Butler, which is a testament to our quality and high standards. We are well positioned to take advantage of industry growth and to leverage our domain expertise.
Our mission is:
To be a highly respected solutions provider by capitalizing on our domain expertise and entrusting our Employees to deliver exceptional value for our Customers and Stakeholders.
My client is one of the top ten exchange carriers in the U.S. We have a requirement for:
Job Title: Sr. Technical Writer
Location: New Brighton, MN (55112)
Duration: 12+ months contract
The Senior Technical Writer at client's Test Cells plays a key role in ensuring client's Test Cells’ customers are able to understand and effectively use our products. They are responsible for writing and editing technical manuals and other publications outlining installation procedures, and writing operating and maintenance instructions. Additionally, The Senior Technical Writer is responsible for mentoring other Technical Writers, initiating internal improvement projects, and ensuring all documentation adheres to Test Cells’ standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Following established standards, work with other departments to develop manuals and other publications by providing assistance with writing, editing, and organizing technical content
- Partner with internal teams to develop effective manuals and other publications by closely reviewing format and content ensuring they are clear, consice, and easy to follow
- Review, create and update graphics for documentation including photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts making the manual easier for the audience to understand and follow
- Work with Subject Matter Experts to ensure content of finished product provides clear instructions that are easy for users to follow
- Identify improvement opportunities and initiate internal improvement projects relating to technical communications and technological advances in the field.
- Continually seek opportunities for improvement by reviewing Client Test Cells’ documents to determine the need for developing updated material
- Drawing from past experiences and knowledge of STC products, recommend creative solutions that comply with established writing standards and align with stakeholder needs
- Take the lead in ensuring all manuals meet technical publication standards by reviewing and recommending revisions or changes in order, terminology, conciseness, clarity, scope, format, style, content, and methods
- Proactively provide mentoring and general guidance to other Technical Writers as needed
- Maintain work records and submit progress reports
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Test Cells’ products by reviewing drawings and other technical documents (vendor documents, specifications, etc.) becoming familiar with technologies and processes
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
The above position description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential job functions, and set forth the requirements for the performance of the position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of job functions or requirements. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested. Position responsibilities are subject to change over time in order to accommodate changing organizational needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, Communications or other relevant technical degrees required; graduate degree preferred
- 5+ years of technical writing experience required
- Proficiency in document development and technical publication standards with the ability to implement a high degree of professional judgment and clear understanding of technical schematics
- Able to quickly comprehend technical information with a proven track record of successfully translating ideas and concepts into a finished document.
- Exceptional verbal, graphical, writing, and editing skills with a proven ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise manner that is appropriately tailed to the audiences’ needs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively build relationships with internal and external customers
- Resourceful, creative, detail oriented with solid organizational skills and able to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and working knowledge of CorelDraw, Adobe software, and/or other softwar
- Able and willing to travel up to 5% of the time both domestically and internationally, as required
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- The majority of the time is spent in a typical office environment requiring the ability to use a computer and telephone which requires sitting and typing for extended lengths of time.
- Occasionally, the individual in this position will need to stand, reach, bend, lift up to 50 pounds, stoop, and kneel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include normal vision.
- The office environment will have normal lighting and climate control tolerances. Additionally, the office setting will have moderate noise exposure, i.e. business office with computers, printers, light traffic.
- Travel conditions may involve being in an aircraft or automobile for extended periods of time.
- Client Test Cells is a global company and travel to any country may be required. Work is performed in the business office at a minimum of 40 hours a week.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The working conditions and requirements indicated here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Please respond with resumes in word format to Janita at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for immediate consideration.
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.