In 1976 University of Phoenix was founded on a simple idea: meet the needs of working adult learners. Today, over 1 million graduates later, we’ve changed countless lives for the better. Our creative team is in growth mode and building a talented group of writers, designers, filmmakers and other creative professionals.
As Sr. Film Editor, you’ll be an integral part of a team of filmmaking and post-production professionals. Reporting to our head of post-production, you’ll work on a wide variety of projects from tv spots to social media ads to long-form content. The position entails collaborating with Copywriters, Art Directors, Creative Directors, and other media agency partners to create compelling content that engages target audiences across marketing platforms.
Our ideal candidate is an expert editor and motion designer with shrewd creative instincts. Agency and/or post house experience is strongly preferred, and experience editing tv and social media ad creative is a must. Attention to detail, strong typography, design and storytelling skills, and a can-do mentality are also essential.
You’ll be joining a talented and successful team who work hard, have fun, and make amazing work. A team where collaboration is encouraged and expected and a passion for world class advertising is the norm.
Interested? To be considered, please include a link to a reel that demonstrates your editorial expertise.
- Develop short and long-form video deliverables that are in line with company brand standards and guidelines.
- Work alongside Creative Directors, Copywriters, Designers and Social Strategists to execute and adjust creative elements for digital campaigns in a timely basis.
- Organize, tag, and manage creative content and assets for each project.
- Participate in digital QA process to ensure quality of work.
- Prepare, export and deliver broadcast spots to be trafficked.
- Organizational and collaborative skills are a must as well as an ability to prioritize.
- Work with assistant editors on developing their skillset and providing constructive feedback.
- Participate in the ideation process and play a supporting role in developing a creative vision.
- Discuss project timelines, narrative structures, and execution goals with creative team.
- Bachelor Degree and 4 years of commercial filmmaking experience, either freelance or a production company (or a combination), with a clear understanding of set roles and etiquette.
- Associate Degree and 6 years of commercial filmmaking experience, either freelance or a production company (or a combination), with a clear understanding of set roles and etiquette.
- Expert in Adobe Premiere. Solid knowledge of After Effects, and Photoshop and In-Design.
- Post-production skills including motion design, sound mixing, keying and color correction.
- Understanding of Post-production processes from Offline to Online to Delivery
- Ability to execute in an environment involving multiple deadlines, conflicting priorities, and simultaneous projects.
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot technical and editorial issues.
- Ability to effectively contribute while working independently with minimal supervision.
- Innovative thinker with the ability to incorporate creative performance data to derive new creative concepts and recommendations for improvements on existing creative variations.
- Ability to organize, and communicate with team members in an efficient, clear, and courteous manner.
- Strong layout, composition, typography, color, and general design skills
- Knowledge of best practices for social channels such as Facebook and Instagram
- Basic knowledge of Davinci Resolve
- Experience in audio mixing and sound design within Premiere, Audition or ProTools, etc.
- High technical knowledge of hardware and software used in post-production.
- Basic knowledge of web-based project management systems: Monday.com, etc.
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams
- Experience using Frame.io and Vimeo
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.