Job Summary: Talent Software Services is in search of a Software Engineer for a contract position in St. Paul, MN. Opportunity will be six months with a strong chance for a long-term extension.
Position Summary: The Software Engineer III's role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain software applications in support of the achievement of client's software requirements. You will be part of a dedicated technology team that crafts a modern web application experience for our customers. We believe in cross functional teams, fast feedback to guide product development with continuous deployments. The Software Engineer III will also lead the research, design, documentation and modification of software specifications throughout the development life cycle. This position will work on the client's Platform. The Platform is a (PaaS) offering to client development teams and approved vendors. It provides resources to allow developers to create service offerings by accelerating the creation of functionality around deployments, service registration and discovery, identity and security management of the client's identity, and common tooling for instrumentation and telemetry on services and applications deployed utilizing the platform.
- Collaborate with clients, developers and other team members in the conceptualization and development of new or existing software applications.
- Define, develop, and document software business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users and stakeholders.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as needed.
- Execute software testing on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors and general debugging.
- Agile Team Work
- Participate in and may lead the definition of software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Perform and may lead program turnover to production support and customers upon completion of development, testing, and documentation.
- Help mentor Software Engineer peers through technical advice and reference.
- We build and run technology solutions that runs in the cloud and are sold as a Software as a Service (SaaS) product.
- Our software product is designed to run in the cloud and our technology choices reflect that.
- We work in Angular, .NET Core, Azure SQL, C# technologies in the Microsoft Azure cloud.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering, Business, or area of functional responsibility preferred, or a combination of equivalent education and experience
- At least 5 years of programming experience required. Should have prior experience within various platforms and languages
- Knowledge of all aspects of application development and project life cycles, including Agile applications
- Partner with other Engineers in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices
- Fluency in object-oriented programming and design
- Extensive database and operating systems experience
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products
- Ability to develop and maintain software products written in different languages and platforms
- Familiarity with corporate governance, business cases, and return on investment concepts
- Understanding of best practices for building applications with peak performance and reliability
- Familiarity with Agile processes and scrum
- Extensive experience in C#
- Experience using .Net framework
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and Azure DevOps is a plus
- Experience building scalable applications using fundamental design principles
- Ethics and Integrity: Acts consistently and makes decisions in the organization's best interest.
- Customer Focus: Makes customer and their needs the primary focus on one's actions.
- Drive for Results: Demonstrates drive, determination, and ownership to achieve both results and success.
- Technical Expertise: Demonstrates and maintains technical and professional skills or knowledge in position-related areas.
- Problem Solving: Uses logic and analytical methods to identify solutions resulting in effective problem resolution.
- Self-Management: Manages time and resources and balances competing demands to ensure work is completed.
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others to achieve a common goal.
If this job is a match for your background, we would be honored to receive your application!
Providing consulting opportunities to TALENTed people since 1987, we offer a host of opportunities including contract, contract to hire and permanent placement. Let's talk!