Commercial General Construction Site Laborer
The commercial construction Laborer performs a variety of tasks involving physical labor at varying tenant improvement and base building constructions projects within the Washington, District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia area while always being focused on safety and quality. He/She is passionate about construction, has a strong work ethic and is proud, diligent, tireless, proactive and committed to producing quality results by the end of each day. Laborers must be flexible and available for both day and night work, overtime work, and able to perform strenuous physical labor both inside or outside at varying heights (to include using fall protection and harnesses) in all kinds of weather or conditions.
This position will report directly to HITT's onsite superintendent or site operations leader and will be in daily contact with multiple subcontractors and HITT employees, and may potentially have daily or frequent contact with Clients and their employees or clients.
A laborer's requirements and responsibilities will be determined by the needs of the job each day and type of project being constructed, but typically involves the repetitive use of one's hands, heavy lifting of objects, bending, kneeling, walking, and standing for extended periods of time. This position may also operate a variety of hand and power tools, heavy machinery or powered industrial equipment, and hoists with proper instruction and certification. Duties, tasks, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice and exist outside of typical assignments. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Performs a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor in commercial construction project settings; performs manual work onsite.
- Cleans and prepares job site: trash, rubble, waste and debris removal, vacuum, sweep, wipe down and mop.
- Maintains a clean job site: install protection and signage, pick up and organize tools and equipment and secures job site each day to eliminate potential safety hazards.
- Sets up and maintains office trailers, construction entrances, and grounds keeping.
- Installs and maintains temporary fencing and gates.
- Erects and disassembles ladders, scaffolding, barriers, etc.
- Loads and unloads trucks, and carries material up to 75 pounds and 150 pounds with help.
- Performs materials handling and storage.
- Digs holes, ditches, and trenches.
- Chips concrete or mixes, pours, and smooths concrete.
- Grind, scrape, sand, and polish various construction materials to include drywall, wood, concrete, and Terrazzo.
- Applies paint to surfaces to include wood, metal, walls, sidewalks, curbs, etc.
- Provides foot and vehicle traffic control flagger coordination.
- Operates and maintains material hoists.
- Escorts and provides security and monitoring for personnel and equipment.
- Provides assistance to carpenters and other trades, as needed.
HITT Contracting Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.