AKKA / MBtech is searching for a Series Planning Engineer with Conveyor Planning experience. This is a 9 month contract opportunity with one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world.
Under general supervision, this position supports the planning and especially the realization of the shop conveyors while ensuring the technical objectives, quality and the agreed timeline. Monitoring, supervision and approval of complex installation work.
- Supporting the coordination of facility projects regarding conveyors.
- Plan and especially realize conveyor equipment while maintaining safety and economic aspects.
- Plan complex linked conveyor systems in the body shop, paint shop, and especially assembly shop.
- Control and coordinate the planning process to ensure the technical objectives of quality, budget and the agreed timeline. (30%)
- Prepare, monitor, supervise and approve complex brownfield installation work and coordinate special constructions.
- Alignments with external and internal parties.
- Identify and assess critical timetables and technical risks.
- Initiate countermeasures and emergency concepts.
- Analyze the cause of deficiencies.
- Monitor relevant approvals of installations/conversions. (70%)
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineer or related area.
- Minimum 3 years experience in an Engineering function within a manufacturing setting with strong emphasis on assembly shop and/or conveyor equipment and onsite brownfield installations.
- Experience with brownfield integrations and at MBUSI.
- Knowledge about conveyor technology (esp. assembly).
- Collaborator and communicator who can work with international, internal and external teams to define and especially implement solutions.
- Methodological and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to communicate efficiently in English and German.
- Working knowledge of CAD and plant simulation tools.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$