The Sr. Manager, Human Resources is responsible for directing and overseeing both the daily tactical functions as well as long term strategic planning of the human resources function. Provides leadership for management on organizational issues. Collaborates on the design of systems and programs in order to attract, develop, and retain an optimal workforce. Works with minimal direction and brings their management experience to the forefront to resolve complex organizational issues. Supports HR and Operational activities the US sites ensuring alignment with company HR strategy, policies, and activities. Supports the operations in creating and executing strategies to improve engagement and reduce attrition.
- Lead the HR function within the assigned location
- Collaborates with the operational leadership team to develop short term and long HR
- Planning processes to support organizational growth.
- Partners with operational leadership on a weekly basis to drive team member engagement in order to improve primary business metrics such as absenteeism and attrition.
- Exceptional understanding of US employment law across the numerous US states, including but not limited to Nevada, Texas, California.
- Develops strategic planning and management activities to optimize the participation of team members in achieving the company’s goals.
- Develops, recommends, implements, and manages team member policies as required by the various state bodies in order to ensure compliance and in line with company culture.
- Develops implements and optimizes programs and procedures to ensure a workforce comprised of the best-qualified and capable individuals available. Is responsible for actions to ensure that we are the benchmark in the labor market.
- Provide team members and leaders with the best HR support, advice, counseling, and information in order for them to manage and/or perform as required.
- Act as a partner for leaders in solving simple and complex business problems.
- Establish and maintain value-added interfaces with all functional departments to ensure all strategic and tactical business objectives are achieved.
- Lead and assist in change management initiatives at a business or functional level.
- Lead and oversee site-wide HR projects designed to increase engagement and reduce attrition
- Supports a work environment based on team member engagement through the creation and execution of team member engagement strategies aligned with business goals.
- Assist in the development of US strategy on the Team Member Engagement Model to sustain a High-Performance Culture based on the Company values.
- Conduct timely, thorough, and effective investigations arising from team members.
- Provides consultation for preventing and resolving team member concerns.
- Provides support in responding to agency claims and labor relations matters
- Work with the Learning team to improve employee relations acumen by training and educating new and incumbent leaders on updates to policies and procedures to ensure they have the tools necessary to coach and lead team members to success.
- Research and respond to employee inquiries regarding LOA status in complex situations.
- Work closely with the operations team to manage the separation.
- Lead and support the reasonable accommodation process through coaching, documentation and applicable follow up