Ferrous Processing and Trading has a position opening for a Security Tech Manager, who will provide on-site and remote customer support for all security systems and equipment as well as work on special projects when needed. Specific responsibilities will include:
• Assist in the development of physical security standards and the auditing of those standards in order to comply with all applicable local, state and federal law, rules and regulations.
• Act as a point of contact for field locations on physical security matters, including response, supervision and resolution of field equipment service requests.
• Performing on-site diagnosis and troubleshooting of installation problems.
• Analyzing service data and preparing and reporting on service data
• Perform physical security audits and related follow-up.
• Managing and organizing all stock parts and tools necessary to maintain effective security systems.
• Performing and/or scheduling preventative maintenance and cleanings.
• Assist with overseeing the installation and removal of new and upgraded equipment at all Ferrous Processing locations.
• Work closely with the IT department regarding best practices and needs as related to security network.
• Maintain strong relationships with contractors to ensure quick response to service calls.
• In the absence of the Security Manager, act as the primary point of contact for public agencies responding to and investigating incidents at Ferrous Processing locations;
• Provide training to any and all personnel on the proper use of all security technological systems.
• Assist with the installation of camera systems and security systems at vendor/partner locations.
Minimum Qualifications include:
• Vocational or specialized training beyond high school in Electronics or Electrical Engineering Technology;
• Experience installing or maintaining access control (card readers, electronic locking hardware, gate operators, etc.), intrusion detection (active and passive infrared sensors, door/window position sensors, etc.) and CCTV devices, fixed and PTZ cameras, IP and analog cameras is required. Thorough knowledge of CCTV systems, Alarm, Fire, Access Control, Motion Detectors and Door Contact systems;
• Must have a thorough understanding of security principals and how they relate to access control, intrusion detection and CCTV;
• Availability on evenings and weekends based on the need of the company;
• Availability for overnight business travel to, but not limited to, Ohio, Tennessee, Florida along with other locations based on the need of the company;
• Ability to stand most of the day, occasionally lift heavy loads, and work long hours;
• Ability to pass the required background check and drug screening.
• Valid driver’s license; with a clean MVR record.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to read and write in English;
• Proficient in using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
Rate of Pay: Commensurate with experience.
Reports to: The Director of Security Manager at Ferrous Processing & Trading Company headquarters in Detroit, MI.