Job ID: 226739
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading supplier of products for North America’s building and landscaping markets. Its products include concrete masonry and hardscapes, packaged cement mixes, packaged lawn and garden products and composite decking products that are sold through a variety of channels. Oldcastle APG is the innovator behind many of the industry’s well-known brands including Belgard Hardscapes, Echelon masonry products, Sakrete bagged dry-mixes, Anchor Wall Systems, MoistureShield composite decking, among others. With over 195 operating locations and 6,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 36 states and 5 Canadian provinces. Oldcastle APG is a U.S. subsidiary of CRH plc., a leading global diversified building materials group.
Reporting to the Director of Transportation Groups. The Regional Transportation Manager is responsible for managing the day to day operation of the Texas Transportation Group servicing Oldcastle APG facilities and customers in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Missouri. The Texas Transportation network will include both private fleet and hired haul operations. Customer include national home improvement retailers, build product dealers, and contractor jobsites. This position will have team members who are optimizing and planning shipments as well as fleet managers running the company private fleet.
The Texas Transportation Group is modeled after Regional Transportation models in Oldcastle APG’s Northeast and Southeast markets. The Regional Transportation Manager will develop and implement the regional model in the Texas region with the assistance of the Director. The Regional Transportation Manager will be expected to implement strategy to improve customer service, maintain world class safety levels, ensure compliance with regulations, drive continuous improvement and reduce costs. This position will interact with multiple business units and departments under Oldcastle APG to deliver best in class transportation services.
- Responsible to design and implement and lead the regional model in the Texas region.
- Responsible for strategic logistical planning for all locations
- Ensures that Fleet Managers and Drivers are trained and remain in compliance with DOT regulations
- Makes hiring decisions, manages performance, provides coaching and issues discipline for transportation team
- Responsible for service performance (On Time Delivery)
- Ensure compliance with all DOT and Company policies and procedures
- Manage team that maintains driver qualification files including driver road tests
- Audit driver logs to ensure drivers are compliant with hours of service regulations
- Manage scheduling department to insure company driver routes comply with DOT hours
- Company contact for insurance claims, follow-up, etc. when the claims involve company drivers’ or company lease vehicles
- Perform Lease/Buy decisions on equipment and provide recommendations including specifications
- Oversee maintenance program for company vehicles (100+ units). Make recommendations for future Capex purchases.
- Review current vendors and seek new vendors to help reduce cost and increase fleet efficiency
- Working with site locations to refine and improve processes to increase transportation productivity
- Recruit and negotiate rates with core carriers as needed
- Ensure select carriers are responding to the daily customer service requirements and are operating within established budget guidelines and contractual agreements
- Implement transportation related company policy and programs and keep current on government rules and regulations, reporting when necessary to management team
- Provide reporting on key KPI metrics to management
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Build and manage a team that is expected to include 5-6 Traffic Coordinators and 2-3 Fleet Managers managing 55-65 Class A CDL drivers
Skills, Knowledge, and Ability Requirements
- Minimum four-year degree in business or related field or equivalent in experience, training or education
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in related transportation field; including experience utilizing transportation management software systems
- Ability to travel up to 50% (travel restrictions apply during Covid-19)
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite
- Strong Excel and Tableau skills
- Good verbal & written communications skills
- Ability to communicate and work with customers and drivers in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.