The Radiology Assistant II Transport will assist patients, co-workers, and hospital staff to ensure the consistent delivery of high quality patient-focused care in accordance with hospital guidelines and expectations while demonstrating a superior level of professionalism, attitude and job performance. Transport patients to and from clinical, ancillary and support areas via wheelchair, stretcher or beds as requested to include transport of patients with oxygen tanks, intravenous pumps, drips, and special equipment. With assistance, transfers patients to or from beds, wheelchairs or stretchers as needed. Will utilize appropriate minimal lift equipment for transports as needed. Communicates pertinent patient information to nursing personnel, technician or reception upon patient arrival and/or departure. Verifies correct patient identification by use of patient wrist band; obtains correct medical chart; verifies proper mode of transportation and confirms standard precautions for any and all transports. Disinfects and maintains par levels of equipment. Identifies malfunctioning equipment and reports to appropriate department for repair or replacement. Maintains accurate inventory log sheets.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prefer to have 2 years of medical-related experience.
- General receptionist skills.
- Computer-keyboarding knowledge/skills.
- Understand and operate phone system and additional communication devices.
- Understands and completes minimal lift requirements.
License or Certification Requirements:
- CPR (to be obtained within 90 day probation period)
Work Schedule: Varies
Location: Riverside Medical Center
- Answers telephone calls and handles requests for outgoing film and packages them for mailing/pickup, including consent form.
- Assist other stations as needed (front desk, transportation, lifting help).
- Attends required department meetings.
- Files films numerically.
- Filing and retrieval of film jackets and maintains patient's right of privacy with charts/records.
- General knowledge of darkroom/scanning/duplication/CD burning/Rimage.
- Inquire patient history in HRM, PACS and Affinity.
- Knowledge of operation, maintenance and storage of carts, wheelchairs and oxygen tanks.
- Maintains knowledge of and observes universal precautions.
- May be responsible for specific quality control duties in department, including accurate logs and computer tracking of transports.
- Participates in department's quality assessment and continuous quality improvement plan.
- Pull jacket list from off site storage for next day exams and locate and pull all mammograms scheduled for next day.
- Pulling, printing and signing x-rays in and out to correct offices, floors, surgery, EPL, CCL, or physicians; locate misplaced jackets and/or films.Responsible for maintaining patient's privacy during transports and in all aspects of job.
- Responsible for observing and communication with techs on patients waiting.
- Responsible for the patient's safety when transporting them to and from the Radiology department and other departments; including use of restraint devices.
- Send all mammograms needed for comparison to other facility upon arrival of specified documentation (consent forms) and sign out in HRM appropriately.Transport and has knowledge of proper care of patients with chest tubes, IV's and O2, NG tubes.
* CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION
* HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
Riverside Healthcare is revolutionizing care using leading-edge technology to diagnose and treat patients. We are ranked top in the nation for performance in neurosurgery, orthopedics, and heart surgery and have also been named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics seven times. Riverside is nationally recognized for our specialty programs in obstetrics, trauma, oncology, rehabilitation, geriatrics, occupational health, psychiatric services, and treatment of alcohol and chemical dependency, as well as patient safety. We combine innovation and convenience at state-of-the-art facilities located in communities throughout the greater Kankakee area.
Riverside Medical Center proves that truly progressive medicine is being delivered in Chicago’s southwest suburbs and East Central Illinois. Join a team that is not only concerned with providing the best care possible but also with offering a work environment of advancement and growth. Riverside is a place that embraces a culture where opinions count and dedication is respected, where superior performance is rewarded with competitive salaries and excellent benefits.