Ref ID: 00900-0011551853
Classification: Accounting Manager/Supervisor
Compensation: $80000.00 to $90000.00 yearly
If you're looking to work at a successful organization that will recognize your efforts, Robert Half Finance is seeking a talented Property Accounting Manager to work with a thriving company. You might be a good fit for this position if you can lead daily operations, such as preparing and/or reviewing appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger system, preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, and assisting with regulatory reporting as applicable. Candidates with the ability to create and monitor the company's accounting and finance operations preferred. Located in the Atlanta, Georgia area, this Property Accounting Manager position would be on a full-time basis.
What you get to do every single day
- Responsible for managing the accounting for a portfolio of properties, including the supervision and mentoring of assigned Property Accountants, the review of monthly accounting workpapers, financial statements, and owner/lender reports, the preparation of distribution calculations for owners/partners, the establishment of good working relationships with property management teams and client personnel, and the preparation of year-end audit and tax workpapers
• Provide supervision and mentoring to the assigned Property Accountants and Accounting Assistants, including review of work throughout the month, training in areas of deficiency, preparation of annual reviews.
• Perform detailed review of monthly financial workbooks and the accompanying financial statements prepared by the Property Accountants to ensure they are properly stated in accordance with GAAP or another accounting method chosen by the owners.
• Coordinate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting to ensure owner, partner, and lender compliance.
• Calculate monthly and/or quarterly owner distributions in accordance with owners’ instructions.
• Work closely with Asset Managers or client personnel in the preparation and review of renovation and replacement reserve draws. Monitor the receipt of funds.
• Monitor available cash balances and transactions, including the approval of wire transfers, and ensure that all bank accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis.
• Review and approve the weekly payment of operating and renovation invoices. Monitor the funding of equity and renovation draws by the owner and/or lender to ensure adequate available cash.
• Assist Asset Manager and Controller in the closing process for the acquisition of properties, including review of seller prorations and recording of the closing statement.
• Assist Asset Manager and Controller in the closing process for the sale of properties, including calculation of prorations, tie-out of the loan payoff statement, calculation of cash available for distribution, and recording the closing statement.
• Monitor accounting processes and procedures to improve accuracy and efficiency and achieve departmental objectives.
• Maintain quarterly financial workbooks for venture level entities and ensure that partner capital accounts are properly stated.
• Prepare audit and tax workpaper files for preliminary and year-end field work, including requested supporting documentation. Review draft financial statements and tax returns and provide comments to Controller.
• Support the Controller in the development and execution of projects as needed.
- Send resumes to Luv Mirani at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]