Paralegal/ Legal Assistant- Real Estate, Settlements
Providence, RI and Warwick, RI locations
Currently seeking Real Estate Paralegals / Legal Assistants for opportunities in the Providence and Warwick areas. The ideal candidate will possess 2 or more years in residential and commercial real estate experience along with previous large law firm or Title Insurance background
Responsibilities of the Paralegal/ Legal Assistant
● Draft, summarize, review, analyze and organize a variety of different documents, including contracts, leases, REA’s and declarations.
● Assist in due diligence and entitlement processes with governmental and outside entities.
● Coordinate with internal and external constituents, particularly construction vendors, and facilitating communication between all parties.
● Prepare organizational documents as needed.
● Assist with Purchase and Sale Agreements and Letters of Intent.
● Assist with satisfaction of pre-closing lender requirements.
● Assist with post-closing requirements.
● Assist with leases, amendments, assignments and terminations.
● Complete special projects as assigned.
Requirements of the Paralegal/Legal Assistant
● 2 or more years in residential and commercial experience
● Previous large law firm or Title Insurance background
● Handles file from receipt of title through HUD preparation and closing.
● Familiarity with new TRID requirements
● Proficient with all post closing procedures including but not limited to managing documents and recordings, exporting files, disbursement of checks and mortgage /tax payoffs
● Must be extremely detail oriented and have knowledge of pre-closing procedures and how they relate to post closing.
● Previous knowledge of Real Estate data base software i.e. SoftPro, Quick Title, Ramquest, or Resware
● Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and other internet capabilities
● Salary: $18.00 to $23.00 /hour