Nursing Education Coordinator- Education & Training
Full Time, 80 hours per pay period, Shift Varies
20 day/evening shifts per pay period for GYN, Oncology, Surgery, Bariatric Unit
Position Summary: Directs and performs orientation appropriate to all new patient care employees and re-orients and educates current employees to changes in policies and procedures and federal and state guidelines and regulations regarding care and documentation. Prepares, directs, schedules, and provides education and instruction on topics pertinent to health care, new procedures and high-tech operations. Develops and revises printed forms for documentation to meet standards and improve time management. Prepares new policies and procedures along with revising existing policies and procedures.
- Prepare materials for in-service/education by research and development.
- Educate and provide inservice to staff by direct teaching, providing written material and skills labs.
- Responsible for orientation of new patient care employees and re-orientation of present employees.
- Directly supervise patient care employees at least once yearly.
- Provide one-on-one support for staff related to clinical and professional problems.
- Maintain records of all employees regarding education/inservices by current file system.
- Prepare and maintain resource files and materials needed to provide education for staff and patients.
- Follows policies, procedures, and safety standards. Completes required education assignments annually. Works toward achieving goals and objectives, and participates in quality improvement initiatives as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education: None specified; however, must be sufficient to meet the standards for achievement of the below indicated license and/or certification as required by the issuing authority.
Minimum Experience: At least five (5) years clinical experience. Public speaking skills and RN coverage at bedside required
Licensure Requirement: Current Tennessee RN license. Required to become a BLS/ACLS instructor