Kforce has a client is looking for a contract lighting artist to work on the next big video game experience in Redmond, WA.. We're looking for a solid team player with good communication skills who can work with directors, leads, designers, engineers and of course other artists, but also be self-sufficient and work independently as required. You will be creative and flexible, able to follow art direction and concepts and most importantly of all be driven to help us produce the highest quality real-time lighting possible.
- Creation of dynamic lighting using our proprietary game engine software.
- Lighting single player, multiplayer and cinematics at a high level of quality.
- Tweaking of shading materials and textures to increase the fidelity of the lighting to enhance the levels visuals and gameplay experience.
- Post processing; color grading, exposure, SSAO, bloom, tone mapping curves etc.
- Contributing to the development and placing of visual effects related to lighting and atmosphere. Such as: light flares, fog, god rays and camera optics.
- Document lighting processes and technology.
- Manage lighting solutions within our memory and performance guidelines.
During WFH or if remote, the following is required for this type of position:
- Internet speed of at least 500 Mbps or 1 Gbps, wired connection preferred, to ensure work is not impacted by connectivity/latency issues
- Make sure to run and repeat speed tests throughout the day, as it can fluctuate during peak hours
- Reimbursement offered if an upgrade is an option in your area