Take your career to the next level with eXcell. We offer jobs with Fortune 1000 companies nationwide, AND invest in your career development through our generous, annual training contribution.
We are seeking an experienced Lighting Artist to work on the next big shooter experience. We're looking for a solid team player with good communication skills who can work with directors, leads, designers, engineers and of course other artists, but also be self-sufficient and work independently as required. You will be creative and flexible, able to follow art direction and concepts and most importantly of all be driven to help us produce the highest quality real-time lighting possible.
- Creation of dynamic lighting using our proprietary game engine software.
- Lighting of narrative / cinematic sequences at a high level of quality.
- Tweaking of shading materials and textures to increase the fidelity of the lighting to enhance the levels visuals and gameplay experience.
- Post processing; color grading, exposure, SSAO, bloom, tone mapping curves etc.
- Contributing to the development and placing of visual effects related to lighting and atmosphere. Such as: light flares, fog, god rays and camera optics.
- Document lighting processes and technology.
- Manage lighting solutions within our memory and performance guidelines.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Understanding of CG lighting technology, both real-time and pre-rendered.
- Understanding of lighting theory; color space, exposure, light fixtures, natural light, reflections, occlusion, etc.
- Understanding of cinematography and dramaturgy; the use of camera technology, scene blocking and lighting to set the mood.
- Being pro-active in the use of lighting as a powerful tool in gameplay clarity. For example; to guide the player forward, highlight objectives and enemies.
- Ability to digest the art direction and champion executing it in the game.
- Used to working with the balancing of visual quality and performance requirements.
- Organization, planning and prioritization skills.
- Experience lighting CG characters and environments for feature films, or within a real-time game engine.
- Experienced Photoshop user.
- Maya experience is also a plus, but not required.
W2 only, no Corp to Corp. We are unable to sponsor H1B visas at this time. **eXcell™ Supports Equal Employment Opportunity** eXcell™, a division of CompuCom® Systems, Inc., a global company headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, provides IT staffing services and solutions to Fortune 1000 companies as well as small and medium business. For more information, visit www.excell.com.