9002 - Carmax Auto Finance - 225 Chastain Meadows Ct NW, Kennesaw, Georgia, 30144
CarMax, the way your career should be!
The Legal Administrative Assistant’s primary focus is to provide administrative support to the CarMax Auto Finance Legal and Compliance teams. The legal administrative assistant position involves a wide variety of duties and responsibilities. These include providing advanced, diversified and confidential administration and secretarial support; making independent decisions regarding planning, organization and scheduling of work; proactively identifying, prioritizing and communicating to the senior management team issues that need immediate attention; and interacting with numerous internal departments and associates.
What you will do
- Provide administrative support to department executives, management and associates while balancing and appropriately prioritizing action items, projects and deadlines.
- Manage and schedule calendars and events.
- Arrange for travel as requested for all department associates and submit travel & expense reimbursements promptly and follow-up to ensure the process is completed timely and accurately. Audit all T&E’s prior to submission for approval to ensure accuracy and compliance with company policy.
- Manage inbound and outbound written and electronic correspondence. Prepare reports, correspondence, transcription and other documents as directed. Retrieve and distribute reports as directed.
- As assigned, learn and evaluate certain key business metric reporting and communicate findings to VP. Assist in the production of various key presentations to include formatting, graphing, importing and animating pages as designed.
- Assist with budget preparation, track and reconcile budgeted items on a monthly basis as directed by supervising manager and prepare various department invoices for payment processing.
- Maintain and requisition supplies. Manage the submission of all department equipment requests as directed; gain necessary knowledge to operate video conference technology and generally rectify first level issues.
- Manage and maintain the legal library and open, close, retrieve and manage various legal files as directed. Maintain paper and electronic filing systems as directed and ensure that incoming mail is sorted and disbursed appropriately daily.
Purpose of the role
To perform this job successfully, an individual must develop organizational knowledge and utilize this knowledge to assist in supporting the department. A candidate should demonstrate strong analytical and reasoning skills required in connection with accurately assembling, organizing and maintaining information to support the department. A candidate should have strong verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail with exceptional planning and organizational abilities. A candidate should have the ability to multi-task in a high energy and fast-pace work environment and effectively manage stressful situations. A candidate should demonstrate the ability to learn new tasks quickly and be a flexible team player who is self-motivated and able to complete tasks without close supervision.
Qualifications and Requirements
- High School Diploma required.
- College Degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in an administrative assistant role.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with associates, all levels of management, outside counsel, opposing counsel, and regulatory authorities.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Office 365, Power Point, as well as excellent typing, computer skills, and proficiency using telecommunications tools (video conferencing, etc) are required.
- Proven ability to prioritize and multi task.
- Proven ability to work in a highly confidential environment.
- Ability to comprehend and apply basic mathematics and understand client analysis and reporting.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.