Top 3 Skills:
1) Residential equipment installation experience. Commercial experience will not rule them out, but residential is preferred. Ring, Nest, Alexia install experience is what we are looking for.
2) Ability not prior experience necessarily to install and program specific security systems in residents, such as Honeywell keypads using a laptop to assign MAC addresses for the different end points of the system such as a wireless CCTV camera like Ring cameras or Nest thermostats, wireless smoke detector, wireless glass break sensor or Smart Dead bolt lock on the door (this means experience in residential environments, even if it is for themselves or family/friends and paying close attention to not damage customer premises.
3) Needs to be able to pull low voltage cable as well and be able to do work in attic spaces and crawl spaces in homes which is very rare with these new systems.
4. Ability to work Saturdays
First preference would be prior residential alarm experience, second preference would be prior commercial or resi fire installation, third would be prior desktop, Helpdesk, geek squad, resi cable/TV/phone installation but have prior alarm install exp 40% of the time on the job.
100% Install: Install quick connect systems (one unit hooked to the wall that runs wirelessly), run wire through walls for power for cameras and keypad, install and program key pads and various electronics in home or business to include cameras, motion sensors, door and window sensors, etc. These are very similar to smart home installations we do as consumers such as Ring, Nest, google mesh, Alexia any smart home install experience or simple Wifi networking aptitude. Work with customer to insure equipment brought is the equipment ordered. Work with customer to determine best places to place equipment. Will be required to use drills and other tools to run cable and install equipment (Cameras, pads, door and window contacts, etc.) Test once complete and train customer on using product. It is imperative that this person takes his/her time and is careful not to damage the customer premise.
The first 2-3weeks are training weeks. The timetable is determined by level of prior experience and ADT's comfort level sending the TP our on their own. The first few weeks is riding with someone then they let the TP do a few jobs on their own under supervision. ADT determines how long the candidate needs to train.
- Basic hand tools like hammer, screwdrivers, socket set
- Wireless Drill
- Smart phone
- cable strippers
- 6-8 foot ladder, Need truck or van for this.
- Tape measure
-.Snips/or diagonal cutters
- Pliers (needle nose and channel locks)
- professional tracer toner generator,
- wall-fishing tools,
- leveler, multi-tool attachment (for different types of screw heads),
- staple gun,
- sealants for holes,
- additional drywall screws,
- drill bits
Tools will be able to be acquired within the first 2 weeks of the training period while they are working OJT with an ADT permanent installer learning the job.
Success in this role is measured by ADT's quality metrics which tracks the number of revisits to a home due to customer dissatisfaction or a faulty installation. You must be higher than 90% quality each month. Being below this mark two months in a row will lead to termination. ADT would rather the installers take their time and do it right than rush to make the last appointment of the day and have potentially two substandard installs.
Shifts are standard 8-5 with Saturday being a day they must be willing to work some. They may have an option to work 9-6 some days to allow for installs to people that work.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.