This position is available and we are conducting interviews for qualified candidates via video conference.
Join one of the nation's most successful foodservice manufacturers!
Harper Associates has been retained by Jiffy Foodservice to identify a star Foodservice Business Manager to help grow the restaurant / food service division! Jiffy Foodservice recently completed a major expansion to accommodate the growing foodservice segment, and this is a great opportunity for a foodservice sales veteran to help grow Jiffy's footprint!
Chelsea Milling Company has been Making Jiffy Mix since 1930 and has stood the test of time, never once having to lay off employees due to an economic downturn. The leader in prepared baking mixes, Jiffy has dominated the grocery/retail market, and the company is now offering Jiffy Mix to the foodservice and restaurant business! The Foodservice Sales Manager position is newly created and offers the right person an amazing opportunity to make a huge impact on the growth of this newly created division!
- Unrivaled company culture - there is virtually zero turnover and employee tenure is an average of 17 years
- A foundation built on honesty and integrity
- Exceptional salary and health benefits
- Profit-sharing bonuses
- Great work/life balance
- Health and wellness programs
- Utilize market research and networking to prospect and develop new business opportunities and accounts
- Collaborate with prospects and customers to develop growth strategies for mutual benefit
- Deliver sales presentations to potential and existing customers
- Partner with clients to analyze menus and offer solutions to add value
- Use CRM tool and other computer software to maintain customer base
- Travel (local and nationwide) up to 60% of the time to meet customers, perform product presentations, attend trade shows, etc.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of all products and services offered
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality or Culinary Arts, or equivalent related experience
- 8-10 years prior Foodservice sales experience working for a food manufacturer making baking mixes or dry grocery items.
- Experience using a CRM system to manage work flow
- Strong understanding of foodservice distribution segments
- Strong computer, communication and presentation skills, and the ability to work cross-functionally
- Demonstrated success in nurturing and developing Food Service business
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- This position is based at the company HQ in Chelsea, MI and is not available to remote candidates
Ideal candidates would be those that meet the minimum qualifications and are looking for a long-term home with a privately held company that focuses on people. Must enjoy a team environment and thrive on camaraderie.
Apply now for consideration!
Harper Associates is an equal employment opportunity employer and recruiter. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Harper Associates also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Harper Associates’ policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions or recommendations.