GDIT has an exciting opportunity for an Electronics Engineer at Camp Arifjan, Kuwait with VOSS experience. Must have a current and active Secret clearance. The VOSS electronics technician performs all aspects of the VOSS systems installed on tactical vehicles. The VOSS technician is required to travel throughout multiple locations in SWA possibly in austere conditions to conduct troubleshoot, repair, install, and de-install of VOSS equipment. Technicians may be required to rotate between or go TDY to multiple locations for extended periods of time. The Technician will demonstrate and apply a broad knowledge of VOSS through successful completion of complex assignments. The VOSS Technician will demonstrate mastery of VOSS concepts, practices, and procedures and provide expert guidance on issues.
- Must possess the technical experience in support of all VOSS systems; knowledge of optical/pneumatic principles. Must be able to develop Techniques, Tactics, and Procedures (TTP s) for deploying vehicles equipped with VOSS systems based on the national, local, and immerging threats. Must demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of VOSS systems including troubleshooting, installations, de-Installations, fault isolation, PMCS, and return to service of assigned systems and subsystems.
- Performs complex technical functions such as operation, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, modification, and installation/de-installation of VOSS vehicle system consisting of Gimbal Camera, Interface Unit, Camera Control Unit, Pneumatic Mast, Nycoil Cable, and Video Monitor.
- Conducts bench-test and repair on Gimbal's Color Camera, Infra-Red Camera, Night Vision Camera, Laser Range Finder, optical sensor, power supply, cable assembly, and servo motor assembly using diagnostic test equipment, schematic diagram, and technical manual. Able to lift 80lb Gimbal Camera up to 4 foot height.
- Sets ups test equipment, runs operational test, and upgrades software/hardware of Interface Unit and Camera Control Unit to ensure optimum system performance and 100 % equipment reliability.
- All other duties assigned.
- Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under minimal supervision. Must demonstrate the ability demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a cohesive team as well as to work independently and be able to interact with all levels of an organization in a professional, diplomatic, and tactful manner. Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and have strong attention to detail. Must possess excellent writing and verbal skills. Qualified candidate must have a “Secret” clearance and be proficient with Microsoft Windows operating systems and office automation software.
- BS or equivalent + 0 yrs experience, or 4 years’ Vehicle Optical Sensor System experience.
- Must have a current and active Secret Clearance
- Medically able to successfully complete CRC and deploy
- US passport must not expire for at least 2 more years and must have at least 4 blank pages in it
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.