The Accounting/ Finance Director (Healthcare industry) oversees and manages all aspects of accounting, finance, financial reporting, business analytics, internal controls, financial management and asset management. This role supervises and manages staff within the Finance and Accounting department.
**Accounting/finance experience in Healthcare is required**
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required, MBA and/or a CPA is preferred
- Requires 5 years of accounting and financial analysis and forecasting experience in a health care setting required
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost control principles and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for non-profit organizations
- Minimum of 3 years of supervision experience including hiring, training and evaluation.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to colleagues who do not have finance backgrounds
- Ability to strategically analyze and plan for changes in financial conditions, risk profiles, and emerging trends
- Proficient computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office and financial management software
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability
- Excellent follow-up and tracking skills in addition to the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Attention to detail, exceptional accuracy, effective multi-tasking skills, and composure under pressure.
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service.