Keywords: Design Engineer, Circuit Board, Flex Circuit Board, New product, FMEA, Design for Manufacturability, Design History File, PCB, sales, marketing
Design Engineer – Flex Circuit Board – 20-00155
Fridley MN-seeking local candidates, unable to provide any relocation assistance
Full time Permanent position
We are looking for a Circuit Board Design Engineer for our client in Fridley, MN! This is a full-time, permanent position and requires 100% onsite in a Covid safe environment.
In this role you will support sales and marketing efforts by aggressively pursuing new opportunities through direct Engineer 2 Engineer (E2E) contact.
· Work directly with the Flex Circuit and Sales teams to identify programs within target accounts.
· Maintain E2E relationships with customers and act as a primary technical liaison at customer locations throughout the U.S
· Guide and interact with customers to achieve robust design solutions that offer the best reliability, cost and overall value
· Educate customers and be a resource for them by participating in customer design reviews, presenting at seminars, lunch and learns, industry events, publishing articles in trade magazines, and webinars. • Assess customers' current and future needs to assist in validating out technical roadmaps.
· Manage application engineering projects with little guidance or oversight.
· Mentor and train other engineers in our customers' industries application procedures, technology and material function.
· Lead moderately complex teams regarding draft concepts, technical documentation, product application, testing, standards and related areas. Support new product introduction process, participating in technical discussions with customers, completing requirements matrices, managing the Design History File, creating quotations, proposals, drawings, and setting up new models for manufacture.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
· Minimum of three (3) years of engineering experience
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering or technical discipline
· Ability to travel 25% of the time during peak periods, typically 10-15% of the time
· Experience working in a flex circuit manufacturing environment
· Knowledge of Design for Manufacturability
· Knowledge and practical application of FMEA
· New product introduction experience
· Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
· Microsoft office applications experience (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint)
What Skills You Bring:
· Demonstrated ability to effectively build relationships with customers, employees, and management
· Strong experience responding to and resolving questions and concerns
· Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills, self-motivated, self-directed individual who works well under minimal supervision and takes pride in their work
· Project management, organizational and presentation skills
· Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities