Ref ID: 03200-9502227816
Classification: Copy Editor
The Creative Group is seeking a detail-oriented Copy Editor to support one of our awesome clients in Charlotte, NC. The selected candidate will be responsible for editing and proofreading manuscripts, tables and other marketing materials in addition to fact checking to ensure accuracy.
Copy Editor Responsibilities Include:
• Perform developmental editing of manuscripts, tables, and other materials for correct grammar, usage, spelling, and style, based on The Chicago Manual of Style
• Work with authors on revisions and proofs
• Identify missing, incorrect, or incomplete citations to be researched and provided by author
• Fact check to assure the accuracy of URLs in manuscripts
• Incorporate all edits in electronic format (Word, InDesign, and other software)
• Communicate directly and tactfully with authors to facilitate their timely review of edits and obtain responses to queries raised in manuscripts
• Provide proofreading support as needed, assuring conformity of copy and identifying errors
Copy Editor Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in English or journalism or related field
• 3-5+ years of experience in publications and developmental editing
• Experience managing multiple projects within deadline
• Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
• Understanding of early childhood education, higher education, and/or child development through education or work experience a plus
• Experience managing copyeditors, proofreaders, indexers, etc.
Are you interested and immediately available for employment opportunities in Charlotte, NC? If so, please submit your updated resume and work samples to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]!