Boxer Property is a nationwide company that has entered the Hospitality Industry in recent years. It is a forward thinking company, utilizing technology to improve hotel operations and financial results. We are currently seeking a full-service Chief Engineer for Elevation Hotel and Spa in Crested Butte, Colorado. We offer competitive salary and generous benefits to include: paid holidays, generous PTO, medical, dental, life insurance, hotel accommodation/amenity discounts. Local benefits include winter season ski pass, 25% discount on restaurant, pro shop (including ski and bike rentals) and spa purchases as well as a free fitness center membership. Lodging included.
Please, no calls or drop-ins to the property.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for the operation of the Engineering department of the hotel and all guest requests relating to the maintenance and service of appliances/machines and overall general building condition throughout the property. In addition, this position leads the Engineering team on special projects and a preventative maintenance plan outlined by the executive team for the hotel. This position will train, coach and follow-up train their team in the areas of guest service in an attentive, friendly, efficient and service-oriented manner. Providing all guests with quality service prior to and throughout their stay, while maximizing all opportunities for room revenue and occupancy. Will assist in hiring team members, manage performance, communicate feedback, administer progressive disciplinary process and train the team in successful performance of their jobs.
- Responsible for all Engineering employees including hiring, training, scheduling, and evaluations
- Conducting walk-throughs and assessing the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment
- Insure that all projects, routine maintenance, repairs, and replacement projects are completed in a timely fashion and according to brand standard and all applicable building codes
- Managing and scheduling a team of engineers that will work in all areas of the hotel cohesively with all departments of the hotel
- Drive positive team-oriented service skills and maintain a polished appearance within department while providing service to meet and exceed Boxer Resorts Standards
- Obtain and present cost effective proposals for maintaining or repairing all systems throughout the hotel
- Perform guest response and preventive maintenance work orders as necessary utilizing Boxer Case System
- Schedule work in accordance with preventive maintenance program in rooms and public space with all other departments to insure limited guest impact
- Insure that all Life Safety equipment and systems are inspected, tested and certified per code and any applicable brand standards
- Assessing critical situations (fire, natural disasters, major mechanical malfunctions, etc.) and facilitating an immediate and appropriate response
- Maintaining effective preventative maintenance and work order programs through the utilization of Boxer Systems
- Organize materials, tools and equipment to perform daily assignments
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the work area at all times
- Maintain the proper use, cleaning, maintenance, and storage of all tools
- Handle chemicals for designated uses/surfaces in accordance with Safety Data Sheets
- Insure key security program is in place and adhered to
- Insuring property grounds are maintained
Required Knowledge, Experience and Education:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in the area of maintenance
- Universal CFC Certification and EPA Certification highly preferred
- Two years in a leadership position
- Hotel / Hospitality experience is required
- Ability to consistently lift and move items 50+ pounds
- Basic Computer skills required to include processing emails, basic spreadsheet manipulation, and database/systems navigation including familiarity with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
- Knowledge of: Methods, and materials used in general building maintenance, carpentry, plumbing, building and electrical units and HVAC
- Able to pass skills assessment test
- Able to pass a background check
Boxer Property offers a full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, critical illness, Healthcare FSA, 401K and PTO available after 90 days
No calls or agencies please. Boxer Property will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States.