The Carousel is a pop-up shop located in a dedicated space within Bloomingdale’s stores, featuring a rotating collection of guest curators. The Carousel highlights the cultural stories we’re obsessed with, told through an unexpected mix of products, hand-picked with love by the Bloomingdale’s Fashion Office and guest curators we admire. The Carousel turns over every two months with immersive, surprising and interactive installations, making it a must-see destination for shoppers looking for style inspiration.
The Showroom Editor helps to guide and inspire customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. The Showroom Editor is responsible for delivering The Carousel shop experience and is aware, understanding and supportive of all categories available to shop. The Showroom Editor participates in maintaining the look and appearance of The Carousel shop. Bloomingdale’s is looking for someone who is knowledgeable of current cultural and fashion trends, passionate about styling, and is able to express their own style through their personal presentation. Perform other duties as assigned.
Fueled by the Power of Relationships
• Outstanding selling and service behaviors, listening and responding to customer needs to deliver upon their expectations
• Building and cultivating relationships with customers through genuine, personal interaction and consistent follow-up
• A team player, demonstrates respect for co-workers, a professional attitude and builds positive team relationships
• Flexible, positive and loves connecting with people and getting them excited about the Carousel collection
Driven by our Desire to Win
• Develop repeat business to grow personal sales, utilizing B-connected to maintain client files
• Meeting sales and loyalty goals
• Proactively recovers, restocks, merchandises, and fills in the floor to ensure we have the best assortment and presentation for the customer
• Ensures clients have a seamless experience in The Carousel shop where many categories are available for cross shopping
• Assists all customers, in-store, online, and by phone, satisfying the needs of our physical and digital customers
Committed to a Culture of Collaboration & Continuous Learning
• Sharp awareness of current fashion trends and brands; passion for storytelling and curating the perfect look
• Seeks out product knowledge and continued education in our product offering, understanding features and benefits and sharing with clients
• Is able to speak confidently and proactively about the product, actively suggesting additional merchandise
• An ambassador of The Carousel’s unique retail concept, conveying brand messages to customers and educating in-store partners about the latest collection.
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• HS Diploma or equivalent.
• Able to easily engage in conversation.
• Social ease and quick response to customer needs and inquiries.
• Able to maintain composure in difficult situations.
• Detailed oriented about product knowledge.
• Able to communicate effectively with customers, peers and management.
• Basic math functions to operate register, handle money and make change.
• Able to use a calculator.
• Able to work independently and as part of a team in a learning environment.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching and climb ladders.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
• Able to use and navigate multiple technological devices.
• Ability to sell and build a sale through conversational interaction.
• Enjoys meeting and interacting with customers; strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple priorities and learn new procedures.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.