Position Description, Required Qualifications & Desired Experience:
Looking for a successful and energetic Sales / Business Development Manager (BDM) to identify, develop and generate new business opportunities. This motivated Sales BDM will be responsible for creating a client database and sales strategy to expand current business as well as grow new business. In addition to having individual sales and profit goals/results, this person will work with the office team to enhance the office’s business goals. Essentials to the responsibilities are meet and exceed weekly targets for sales calls, face to face client meetings and new business generation.
• Generates sales and profits for the office and company based on company and one’s own professional sales strategy.
• Develops and implements sales plan, strategies and initiatives to generate new business opportunities as well as expand current clients.
o Networks with business professionals and performs cold calling techniques to generate prospects and leads.
o Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from networking, newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, internet websites, and other sources.
• Establishes a daily and weekly business development schedule to meet and exceed performance plan to include:
o Cold Calls, Client Appointments, New Account Goals, Individual Revenue and Gross Margin dollar objectives.
o Actively participates in daily office meetings to ensure a clear understanding of the business serviced out of the location.
• Maintains working knowledge of competitive pricing strategies in the market; negotiates fees, pricing, value added services with input from company leadership and prepares proposals to present to prospective clients.
• Cross-sells services and alternative staffing solutions.
• Builds business partnerships by maintenance of client with regards to staffing needs.
o Maintains contact/relationship with all clients to ensure satisfaction with company services.
o Reviews accounts periodically to ensure profitability, adjusts fees and pricing structures as required with leadership approval.
o Schedules and conducts periodic service audits to ascertain levels of client service.
• Provides updates and sales reports on personal activity as requested by management and leadership.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• 3-5 years of experience in selling a service
• Staffing industry experience greatly preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
• General knowledge and understanding of state and federal labor laws and regulations that impact human resources and employment.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism.
• Intermediate computer skills including experience in using Microsoft Office products, electronic mail / scheduling systems.
• Demonstrates organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to successfully and positively develop effective working relationships between staff, leaders, and clients.
• Ability to exercise independent judgement and demonstrates initiative to meet customers' needs.
• Ability to work under pressure within a fast-paced, team focused environment.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment and computer/software applications and perform physical aspects of those in a standard office environment.
• Travel on an as needed basis may be necessary.
All candidates are advised that certain requirements related to the current COVID-19 pandemic will or may apply to this position. Face masks will be required for candidates to enter Chartwell offices and may be mandatory within the assignment location. Maintaining a safe distance of at least 6 feet from others and following good hygiene practices such as frequent hand washing/sanitizing will also be required while within Chartwell offices and in many of the work environments we staff. Additional measures such as body temperature screening may be implemented based on the most current guidelines and directives.