Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Columbus, Ohio, currently has an opportunity for a Brand Manager. This person will lead and direct healthcare professional marketing activities for the Glucerna brand, located in Columbus, OH. Responsible for the development and management of strategies and programs to effectively achieve commercialization, profit margin and business plan objectives. Additional responsibilities include quarterly business strategic and tactical planning, lead sales team meetings, agency leadership, market segmentation, market research and clinical study implementation and budget management.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Responsible for managing healthcare professional marketing strategy activity associated with the Glucerna brand in the US.
- Lead the holistic communication strategy and tactical plan for the Brand’s field sales force activity, professional media, clinical studies and building partnerships with professional organizations .
- Identify new market opportunities based on professional targets and optimize communications to continue to drive incremental recommendations and sales.
- Analyze multiple external data points to identify risk / opportunities, and create contingency plans as needed.
- Identify future research needs to aid in plan/ long- range plan development
- Measure performance of activations plans and proactively recommend action to continuously improve ROI
- Manage complex budget monthly with direct input to forecast models and financial decisions
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to achieve objectives. These groups may include HCP Sales Team, Medical, Regulatory Affairs, Finance, Public Affairs, Legal, R&D, Sr. Leaders, Global Abbott Partners and external vendors or agencies.
Selected candidate will be accountable for developing and executing strategic and tactical objectives associated with driving Glucerna sales. Actions and decisions will affect attainment of financial goals and objectives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- 3-5 years of brand management or marketing experience. Preferred experience in healthcare or food and beverage industry
- 3+ years of demonstrated leadership of cross-functional teams
- Time and project management skills, including the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Team working skills; Preferred experience in working with sales team;
- An ability to think strategically and develop annual activation plans
- Analytical skills and attention to detail
- An understanding of trends and an ability to respond to changing customer needs
- Creativity and an ability to produce innovative and original ideas
- The ability to manage and allocate budgets
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with and an understanding of market research and clinical studies
- Sales experience a plus
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or related field.
- MBA strongly preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.