Apex Systems is actively sourcing for an Access Control Specialist in the Ft. Polk area to support one of our Federal Clients. If you are in the market and would like to learn more, please email an updated resume and contact information to Vivian Hite at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Position: Access Control System Technician
Location: Ft. Polk, LA
Contract Type: 6 mo. contract to hire
Required: Candidates must be U.S. Citizens, and able to obtain and/or maintain a Secret security clearance as a condition of employment.
Candidates must have an active CompTIA A+, Network+, or Security+ CE and must obtain the CompTIA Security+ within 60 days of employment if not already held.
- Coordinate and provide oversight for ACS software, hardware maintenance and project activities.
- Coordinate with vendors during the design, installation, operation and maintenance of security access control system equipment including card readers, alarm points, camera system and associated peripherals including remote locations.
- Provide administration of all associated security hardware including CCTV, intercoms, tailgate detection system, card readers, Maglocks, balanced door contacts and local alarms.
- Integrate, install, test, and repair computers, badge printers, closed circuit television, and other access control devices in accordance with appropriate specifications and standards.
- Perform camera maintenance tasks on Pan Tilt Zoom (PTZ) cameras.
- Create and maintain accurate process documentation, drawings, inventory, and records
- Perform technical, operational, and training support for security personnel on the access control system either by telephone, or on-site for system hardware and software issues.
- Candidates must be U.S. Citizens, and able to obtain and/or maintain a Secret security clearance as a condition of employment.
- 1+ years related experience in access control systems and IT support.
- Knowledge of Server/Client relationships.
- Knowledge and understanding of DOD Information Assurance standards.
- Degree in Electronics or related field is desirable.
- A+, Network+ or Security+ certifications required
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178